Minted Pea Soup
Delicious soup made from ingredients that you probably have knocking around the kitchen. Perfect for a light lunch or supper. Save calories by serving with plain breadsticks instead of toast; they are only around 25 calories each.
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 500 g frozen peas
- 2 mint stalks
- 750 ml vegetable or chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- flaked sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Place the onions, garlic, peas and stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the mint and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Or leave to cool for a few minutes and blend in a food processor. Pass through a sieve for an extra smooth soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.