Smoked Salmon Breakfast Muffins
These muffins make a protein-rich breakfast or snack that’s easy to transport and can be eaten warm or cold. Serve with a mixed salad for a light lunch if you like too.
- 5 g softened butter, for greasing
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 50 g sliced smoked salmon
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6. Grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin with squares of baking parchment (about 12cm squares).
- Beat the eggs in a jug with a large metal whisk until smooth. Season with black pepper and stir in the sliced spring onions.
- cut the salmon slices into thin strips and divide between the holes of the muffin tin. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake the muffins for about 18 minutes, or until the egg is slightly risen and only jest set on top – it should still be a little soft, as the egg will continue to cook once the tin has been taken out of the oven. Serve warm or cold.