Healthier Chocolate Pots
Ready-made, low-fat custard makes a great base for these chocolate dessert pots. If you like those supermarket chocolate pots, you’ll love these – they are so easy to prepare and cost a lot less per pot than the bought kind. If you aren’t into coffee, just leave it out and make with the melted chocolate alone.
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp just-boiled water
- 500 g ready-made, low fat custard
- 50 g plain, dark chocolate (about 70% cocoa solids)
- 150 ml whipping cream
- ¼ tsp cocoa powder
- Put the coffee in a cup and stir in the just-boiled water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour the custard into a saucepan, break the plain chocolate into pieces and drop on the top. Stir in the coffee solution. Heat very gently for about 2 minutes, or until the chocolate melts, stirring regularly. Do not allow to simmer.,
- Pour the mixture into six small coffee cups or glasses. Put the cups on a tray, cover with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Whip the cream until thick and light. Spoon a good dollop into each cup. Sift a little cocoa over the top and serve.